Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Day After...

November 3rd has come and gone. As I look back over the past few months of this campaign, I can only smile and be happy, for I have learned a lot about myself, my community, and the amazing people that surround us and make us whole.

Of course I was a little disappointed last night at 8:20pm when the results were posted online and I saw that I had not won, but my sadness didn't last long. I have believed from the start of this campaign that Leavenworth wins no matter who wins the city council seat. Over the past few months, I have gotten to know Cheri Farivar. She is a lovely lady, with a great heart, and a lot to offer our city. Cheri will be a great addition to the city council. I called Cheri last night about 8:30pm to congratulate her on her win.

This has been an amazing experience and I'm so glad that I ran. This won't be the end for me. I'm going to continue to be highly involved in our community, and will look forward to the opportunity to run for city council again in the future.

Thank you for your support! I truly appreciate it. Happy Fall to everyone! I'm sure I will see you around town very soon.

Sincerely,

Anne Hessburg

No comments:

Post a Comment